The Payroll Division provides timely and accurate preparation, distribution and reporting of payroll for County departments and special districts to ensure that employees are paid correctly and Federal and State reporting requirements are met.
The Payroll Division provides a range of biweekly payroll services to 5,900 active employees that work in the County, Courts and seven (7) special districts. The primary responsibilities are to:
- Audit, batch, and key all timecards and payroll data input forms.
- Set up balance and remit to various carriers the deductions for garnishments, levies, union dues, insurances, retirement, credit union, deferred compensation and savings bonds.
- Process, record and track SDI and Workers' Comp integrated payments.
- Enroll employees into the Direct Deposit program.
- Prepare biweekly Federal and State withholding tax deposits.
- Prepare and process all quarterly and annual tax returns as required by the Federal and State government.
- Prepare year-end W-2s for nearly 7,000 active and terminated employees.