Controller Information Systems
The Controller Information Systems Division assures that accurate and timely information is available to all users of the County's Financial Accounting System (OFAS) software by maintaining the Financial Accounting System and supporting the users.
The Controller’s Information Systems (CIS) Division continually improves and maintains the County’s financial accounting system (OFAS). The primary responsibilities are to:
- Trains hundreds of OFAS users annually, to help ensure that the system is used efficiently and effectively while reducing potential errors.
- Ensures OFAS is available for use during business hours.
- Evaluates risk and takes steps to maintain and strengthen internal system controls.
- Maintain configuration though upgrading the application and process improvements.
- Streamline financial workflow, new or updated business processes are implemented, such as providing financial data in the County's Open Data Portal to enhance transparency and reduce costs associated with fulfilling Public Records Act requests.
- Supports managers and staff to obtain useful financial information and reports.